Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introduction

I'd just like to say welcome to everybody who visits this blog. In case you can't tell by the title, this is going to be a place for myself and my friends to post ideas we have about Magic the Gathering. Be it deck ideas, deck builds, ideas we'd like to see implemented in the game, or anything, really. It'll all be welcome here and we'll always be looking for ideas, suggestions and input from anybody who visits here.

I'll let the other authors introduce themselves on their own. For now, I'd just like to give a brief history of myself as far as Magic the Gathering is concerned. I've been collecting Magic cards since about 8th grade, which for me was about 12 years ago. Oddly, I didn't actually start playing the game until about 2 years after I started collecting. About 5 years ago my entire collection of cards, which was roughly around 10,000 cards strong, was stolen out of my car, forcing me to start my collection over again. I'm proud to say that today my collection has exceeded what it was when it was stolen. At this point, I have 10 decks that I've built either on my own or with the help of my friend Mike H. (Mike is going to be one of the authors on this blog.) While I enjoy pitting my decks against other's and hoping to win, it's not something I do very often. I really enjoy just collecting the cards and building decks with them, even if those decks don't get played very often, if ever. I like going through my cards and finding combinations that I can build a killer deck around. For the most part, I play Green and Artifact decks. There's just something appealing about those two types of cards. I love the enormous creatures you can get in Green decks and I love building decks that allow me to get them out fast, then beef them up even more. As for Artifact decks, I just like the way they seem to play off each other, as well as the anonymity of using colorless cards. The Mirrodin blocks (both the original block and the one that is currently being produced) are my favorite sets of cards. It shouldn't be a surprise why; big green creatures and a focus on artifacts abound in Mirrodin.

Anyway, that's enough about me. Keep a watch on this blog for all kinds of posts about Magic the Gathering. Hopefully you'll get something out of it each time you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment